Unit Test May 29th.
Preparation Guide for
Moving Straight Ahead Unit Test
Essential Learnings - students should know how to:
• Translate information about linear relationships given a table, a graph, or an equation to one of the other forms.
• Solve problems and make decisions about linear relationships using information given in tables, graphs, and equations.
Additionally students should be able to:
- Construct tables, graphs and symbolic equations.
- Recognize linear relationships
- Solve an equation for an unknown.
- Find x or y when you substitute in the other value in an equation.
- Find the slope of a line given two points on a line or given an equation.
- Find point of intersection of two lines given a graph, a table or two equations.
- Find y-intercept when given an equation.
- Be able to use and understand the vocabulary terms we have learned in class such as linear relationship, point of intersection, y-intercept, slope, coefficient, rise, run, horizontal, vertical, coordinate pair, etc.
Focus questions/ problems - students should study by reviewing & redoing the following:
- The packet with 20 practice problems solving for x.
- These specific sections from the Moving Straight Ahead book; Problem 1.2, Problem 1.3, Problem 3.4, Problem 3.5 & Problem 4.2.
- The test prep practice sheets from class, Click here to access