Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Comparing and Scaling- Unit Test Review Guide
- Understands and uses ratios, fractions, differences and percents to solve problems.
- Applies concepts of ratios and proportion in mathematical situations.
- Write comparison statements using ratios, fractions, differences and percents.
- Find unit rates for given situations
- Work with proportional reasoning and create proportions for given problems
- Write equations from word problems
- Complete rate tables.
- Understand percents in forms of tax, raises, commissions and mark-ups.
- Understand the constant of proportionality
- Find scale factors between given proportions
Be specific, use the terms we have learned – see the list in your vocabulary notebook.
As a way to study, review and redo the following:
- The two check-ins in the Unit and entry slips.
- Additional Practice Sheet - especially “Finding Unit Rates”
- Looking Back p. 87-88 # 1 and 2
- Question Bank packet
- Important questions to look at in your math binder:
- ACE Inv 1 #1-3 p. 19
- ACE Inv 1 #22 p. 25
- Problem 2.2 p. 46 1a and ACE Inv 2 # 10 p. 53
- Definition and example of constant of proportionality p. 47
- ACE Inv 3 # 27-30 and 35 p. 76 and 77.
Wednesday, March 11, 2015
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Monday, March 2, 2015
Essential Learnings to Understand:
- Compute a unit rate.
- Solve problems by scaling up or down a unit rate.
- Use unit rate to find the best deal (more favorable).
- Be able match an equation to a graph.
- Use graphs and equations to solve problems.
- Look at Inv 2.3 specifically B and C p. 49-50.
- Comparing and Scaling Inv 2 Math Reflection Worksheet